Sunday 7 March 2010

Game Over: 2010

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (X360)
Bayonetta (X360, Normal)
Bioshock (X360, Normal)

Bioshock 2 (X360, Normal)
Heavy Rain (Hard QTEs)


I finished this last night. I think I rushed it a little to finish it off before FF XIII arrives (tomorrow, hopefully) which spoilt things a little though not as much as that motherfucker who revealed the Origami Killer.


The game has its good and bad points but Heavy Rain is definitely an improvement on David Cage's last effort, Fahrenheit. There are still a few things he needs to iron out, though, such as the need to show the female leads in their underwear (then again people do wear underwear) and the way the things link. Other than that the game is arguably one of the most significant in a long time. There's still a ways to go for true immersion and emotional connection but this is a good start.

2 comments:

Bobsticle said...

I knew you'd like it ;)

Nish said...

:)

Anything that gives me any emotional connection gets a thumbs-up from me even if it is flawed.