Thursday 4 March 2010

Clocking off

I forgot to add my two cents on the PS3 disaster that occurred a few days ago - the so-called ApocalypS3.


Thankfully, I was unaffected in that my meagre supply of Trophies was unaffected. Playing Minna no Golf 5, which has no Trophy support, that day also helped. True, I had to stay away from GoW II and Heavy Rain for one night but that hardly spoiled my day let alone my life.


One thing that did annoy me, though, and it's something that some of the more restrained commentators touched upon was that Sony could have kept a lid on the situation by just being more transparent. After the disastrous PR that fellow Japanese giant Toyota is facing you'd have thought that Sony would have been quicker off the mark in releasing detailed information. Being vague and advising people not to turn on their PS3s is simply astonishing.

2 comments:

Bobsticle said...

I'll be interested to ask my Slim owning casual mate what he thought of it all tonight.

Suffice to say it generated 18 pages of tizz on the EDGE forum.

It all seemed a bit of a fuss over nothing to me. My PS3 carried on playing Heavy Rain despite signing out of PSN. I'm not bothered about my trophies.

It was fine when I switched it off yesterday.. Barring the internet I wouldn't of even known there was a problem to worry about.

Bobsticle said...

I saw off I mean on.