Saturday 1 May 2010

Paying the price

Enough is enough.

First it was Bayonetta, a title that must surely hold the dual honour of being the quickest and most heavily discounted game in recent history. I paid £40 for (as it turned out) the less than stellar Play.com exclusive edition. In a matter of weeks it was knocked down to just £17.99 at Zavvi followed by other web retailers.

Then there was Bioshock 2. I hunted around for a slightly less limited edition (why the fuck would I want a LP?) but with something reasonably special thrown in. I found it at Zavvi, again for £40. In the very same week that I received it the same website dropped the price by a tenner. (The only bright side to this chapter was that I was able to ditch the game but hold onto the goodies.)

The latest insult is Yakuza 3. This one I’m not as bothered because the game is a ‘keeper’, but I now see that it’s available for £17.99. That’s the ‘special’ edition too (was there even any other kind?).

It’s for this reason that I’ve held off from buying Splinter Cell: Conviction. I’ve no doubt that if I bought it on release within the next month some website would be sellling it for half price along with a gram of coke and the offer of a blowjob from a hooker.

2 comments:

Bobsticle said...

I have to say without playing the co-op (and surely if you get it eventually you can use a 48 hour code so we can play together??) I had my monies worth out of it.

And, really, rather than RRP I think it's whether you feel you've had VFM that's important.. Otherwise you'd never buy anything.

Nish said...

I've no problem with looking at in terms of VFM. I just get pissed off at seeing something being cut by £20 a few week afterwards.