Thursday 4 March 2010

State of Play: God of War II

Thanks to my habit of avoiding previews of games that I'm interested in the release date for God of War III managed to sneak up on me. In true 'waiting for a bus' fashion I now face a triple whammy of Final Fantasy XIIIYakuza 3, and now GoW III being released one after another.

I've yet to pre-order Kratos' PS3 debut but that's because I've no intention of purchasing the special edition. The number one reason being the absurd price and the second being that I already have the excellent God of War Collection.

I tackled the first game last year and being brave tried it on Spartan (hard). This proved to be more frustrating than rewarding so I've stuck to my regular Normal for the sequel.

If the original game looked great following its PS3 makeover then GoW II is simply stunning. You can tell that this was one of the final big releases for the PS2. One thing that never ceases to amaze me when playing this series is the sheer scale of some of the features of the levels. The 'Steeds of Time' section just takes my breath away.

No comments: