Friday 2 April 2010

State of Play: Super Mario Galaxy

After being made a fool of for the last time courtesy of NSMBW (the first game since Assassin's Creed to put me off playing) I decided to fire up Super Mario Galaxy.

Shockingly, I discovered that I had only amassed 60-odd stars. Worse was that I couldn't remember some of the intricacies of the completed galaxies (I know the stars with a tail is a special event level but what did green signify). This was no good. So. instead of merely taking advantage of the generous number of profile slots I simply wiped clean my progress and started from the beginning. I'm glad I did.

The difference between SMG and NSMBW is startling despite the former being (amazingly) three years old. It still feels fresh, inventive and most of all fun. I'm not sure if I'll stall before the sequel but it's definitely a good addition my gaming mix.

2 comments:

Bobsticle said...

Far be it from me to correct you Nish but in the last paragraph I think you mean "The former"

Funnily enough I've been thinking of dusting off SMG before the sequel and trying to finish it off.

Sadly I think I'm off gaming this weekend and on drinking and X Files Season 4.

Nish said...

Well spotted!