Monday 19 April 2010

Game Over: 2010

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (X360)
Bayonetta (X360, Normal)
Bioshock (X360, Normal)

Bioshock 2 (X360, Normal)
Heavy Rain (Hard QTEs)
God of War II (PS3, Normal)
God of War III (Normal)
Super Mario Galaxy (104 stars)


I finished this on Friday night. I decided to head towards the final stage with 101 stars under my belt (you can complete the game with a minimum of 60) which meant that I finished the game on 102.


After battling Bowser you can return to the hub to collect the stars you missed, including the otherwise unobtainable Purple Comet ones. Reaching 120 could well be a tiresome trial (I left it at 101 because a couple of the regular hidden stars were proving a mite too annoying). However, the sequel isn't out until the second week of June so I have plenty of time to saunter towards the true finish.

2 comments:

Bobsticle said...

I'm proud of you Nish.. I dusted it off.. Remembered why I'd gotten pissed off with it in the first place and moved onto Mass Effect 2.

I tempted to give the sequel a miss what with it supposedly being harder. Especially if Ninty insist on having lives.. Tres out dated.

Nish said...

I can safely say it's the finest, pure 3D platformer ever. The main levels themselves are on the easy side but the remaining stars are proving a little tricky.

Lives are outdated but there's no other way I'd have it with a Mario game. The game's challenges demand skill and a restart system would kill them dead.