Monday 29 March 2010

Vive la difference

Inspired by an advert in Games TM which promised intelligence and proper games journalism I picked up a copy of X360 magazine. The cheap cover price helped a little too.

I've not read a single format magazine since the 90s when I used to subscribe to Official PlayStation Magazine, and regularly read various Nintendo magazines. Sad to admit it but until a year or so ago Edge was my sole videogames magazine (I now subscribe to the aforementioned Games TM and Retro Gamer).

As of yet I've not given X360 the true test of accompanying me whilst I'm sitting on the throne, but a quick flick through leads me to suspect that it won't be a regular purchase.

2 comments:

Bobsticle said...

if you're going to purchase a single format magazine I can recommend 360. At £2.79 it's good value and it's written with the mature gamer in mind.

Plus they quoted me three times this month.. of course I still can't get into EDGE....

Nish said...

It's very similar to Games TM and a bit like Retro Gamer, which is no surprise because they're all from the same stable. It's the reason I picked it up.

Unfortunately, it's not to my taste. I forgot the limits of the single-format magazine but more importantly (at least on the strength of this issue) I don't think it's that good.