Wednesday 19 May 2010

Game Over 2010

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (X360)
Bayonetta (X360, Normal)
Bioshock (X360, Normal)
Bioshock 2 (X360, Normal)
Heavy Rain (Hard QTEs)
God of War II (PS3, Normal)
God of War III (Normal)
Super Mario Galaxy (108 stars)
Rogue Trooper (Wii, Normal)
Tomb Raider: Underworld (X360, Master Survivalist)
Mirror's Edge (X360, Normal)
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (X360, Normal)
Ninja Blade (X360, Normal)

Overall, this was a fun game. Being a bit of Japan-freak it gave me a visual hard-on (so to speak) seeing accurate portrayals of places I've visited rather than the usual 'this is Tokyo'. On the flip side the game also overstayed its welcome.

I can forgive the nonsensical repeat which was Mission 7 simply because the developers had the cheeky nous to label the Achievement "Deja Vu". But then it decided to indulge in the petty crime of teasing out the final stretch to limits which test even my patience.

Having the boss fight last two missions is taking the piss, but making the player repeat the final attack is pretty much raping a corpse. Worse was the fact that the camera angle chosen in order to initiate the killing blow isn't the best. In fact I cocked it up three or four times which meant more repetition and then...another boss fight! Absolute bollocks!

3 comments:

Bobsticle said...

I really enjoyed it but gave up on the final boss.. I enjoyed the helicopter showdown.. just about but the Final couple of confrontations just weren't as fun as the previous boss battles.. the lack of save checkpoints meaning I'd have to start from the beginning was the final nail in the coffin.

Anonymous said...

Malaysia & Singapore & brunei greatest internet
blogshop for wholesale & supply korean accessories, earrings, earstuds, locket, rings, bracelet, hair & bangle accessories.

Promotion 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
Also see my website > cursos de unas

Anonymous said...

I am sure this article has touched all the internet visitors, its really really pleasant post on building up new website.
Also see my site: click the up coming site